In August, the Quill team had a chance to attend Podcast Movement 2022 in Dallas, Texas for a weekend full of epic podcast chats, mingling with industry leaders, and discovering all the latest and greatest in the audio world. It was so great to come together once again and celebrate the industry that’s captured so many hearts and minds around the globe.
In case you weren’t there, we’re sharing all the deets in this recap blog post. The overall vibe of the event was vibrant, creative, and collaborative, and all the excitement surrounding the industry’s rapid growth was palpable throughout the week.
Full of great people and leaders in the audio world from companies like Acast, Veritone, Vox Media, Podnews, Triton Digital, and so much more, Podcast Movement 2022 was a smashing success. During the week, Quill and CoHost sponsored a Growth Track featuring five sessions about boosting discoverability, podcast analytics, engagement strategies, growth, and maintaining motivation.
Check out a full breakdown of our sessions below in case you missed them:
- Fact vs. Fiction: How Do You Effectively Boost Discoverability?
- Podcast discoverability is exactly as it sounds – it’s taking the necessary steps to make it easy for potential listeners to discover your podcast. And with the number of podcasts hitting over 2.5M, you need to do even more to make your podcast rise to the top of the charts. In this session hear from industry experts on the best tactics to help your podcast stand out in a crowded marketplace, and the most effective tactics to get your show discovered.
- Ray Chao, General Manager for Audio, Vox Media
- James Cridland, Editor, Podnews
- James Carbary, Founder, Sweet Fish Media
- Courtney Kocak, Writer, Podcaster & Comedian
- Translating Podcast Analytics to Grow Your Audience
- As a podcaster, you know your data. You know how many downloads you’ve received, how many unique listeners you have, maybe your consumption rate, and more. But there are still missing pieces when it comes to understanding your podcast’s performance. Who are your listeners? What’s your return on investment (ROI)? What listeners continue to tune in? This session will do a deep dive into the fragmented world of podcast analytics, and how podcasters can make the best out of the data we have available.
- Fatima Zaidi, Founder/CEO, Quill Inc.
- Sharon Taylor, SVP of Podcast Strategy, Triton Digital
- Tom Webster, Partner, Sounds Profitable
- How to Maintain Motivation While Podcasting
- Out of 2.5M podcasts, only 18% of them are active. It can take time to watch your downloads grow and maintaining a positive attitude along the way can be difficult. Podcasting is a marathon, not a sprint and in this session, we dive into some strategies to help you maintain motivation while podcasting, especially when you don’t see those numbers increasing. Explore tips, advice, and insights from our panel on self-discipline in podcasting.
- Arielle Nissenblatt, Founder, EarBuds Podcast Collective
- Jordan Harbinger, Host, Jordan Harbinger Show
- Alban Brooke, Head of Marketing, Buzzsprout
- Michael DeAloia, CEO, Evergreen Podcasts
- Unlocking Long-Lasting Audience Growth and Engagement Strategies
- Everyone wants to grow their podcast audience, but few actually know how to do it. We'll admit, it took Quill's team a few experiments to solidify our podcast growth strategy for our clients. In this session hear from industry experts on which tactics have performed best in drawing in your qualified podcast audience, and once you bring in your listeners how to keep them coming back for more content.
- Stephanie Andrews, Director of Product, CoHost & Quill
- Bryan Barletta, Partner, Sounds Profitable
- Jeremy Enns, Founder, Podcast Marketing Academy
- The Audience Growth Playbook: Experts Reveal Time-Tested Secrets to Acquiring Loyal Listeners
- Many podcasters dream of the day that they can become a full-time podcaster. We watch as these big names bring in huge sponsors, sell merchandise, have thriving Patreons, and more. But there’s a lot of prep work that goes into your podcast before you get to the point of monetization. This session goes deep into some of the steps your podcast needs to take before you start making money off of your show.
- Fatima Zaidi, Founder/CEO, Quill Inc.
- Heather Gordon, Managing Director for Canada, Acast
- Sean King, SVP, General Manager Commercial Enterprise, Veritone One
- Lauren Passell, Founder, Tink Media
- Roger Nairn, CEO, JAR Audio
- Korri Kolesa, CRO, Veritonic
The sessions were all focused on different strategies for scaling your podcast, and all the speakers provided amazing insights into audio growth. As part of the sessions, we also gave away special prizes to audience members, sponsored by AudioGO, Focusrite, Heil Sound, Hindenburg, and Headliner!
We don’t know about you, but we already can’t wait until next year. We’re looking forward to attending Podcast Movement 2023 next year, and we hope to see some of you at Podcast Evolutions in March!