Quill is hiring a Podcast Producer
Quill is a leading podcast production agency that specializes in creating high-quality audio content for F500 brands, while also providing strategic marketing services.
We are the proud creators of CoHost, a powerful podcast analytics and audience insights platform that empowers brands and agencies with the data they need to effectively grow and measure the impact of their audio. Learn more about Quill at quillpodcasting.com and CoHost at cohostpodcasting.com.
We are a remote-first company, and while our team is distributed, we are currently seeking a talented and driven Podcast Producer based in Canada to join our growing team.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll report to our Managing Director and primarily work as a producer and audio engineer on a number of branded podcasts with subjects ranging from travel and lifestyle to technology. You will be working closely with hosts, co-producers, and a full production team to deliver weekly/bi-weekly episodes (dependent on the show).
You will work in a primarily remote environment and must be able to produce consistent, high-quality creative output while working with a range of different people and personalities. This producer will lead the production of assigned client branded podcasts from inception to completion. You will flesh out creative ideas, lead meetings and brainstorms, lead podcast recordings, edit podcast episodes, and work intimately with clients and co-producers to produce premiere audio content, and ultimately help grow our client’s shows.
- Creative Content Production: Develop and refine big picture strategies, creative concepts, episode plans, interview questions, and more for branded podcasts.
- Production Management: Oversee the process of developing the podcast and ensure everything runs smoothly, on time, on brief, and on budget.
- Guest Research + Creative Coordination: Source guests for podcasts, manage guest pre-calls, and prepare episode research for hosts in order to ensure the highest quality content and conversations.
- Client Communication: Regular communication with clients to encourage a collaborative environment and ensure quality client service.
- Audio Management and Editing: Editing a variety of podcasts to ensure a top-notch final product.
- Remote Technical Production: Guiding and leading client podcast recordings using remote recording podcast software such as Zencastr or Riverside; working with clients and guests to troubleshoot technical or audio issues before and during recordings; identifying and managing technical audio issues quickly and calmly; providing technical recommendations on recording software, hardware and best practices.
- Analytics Tracking and Reporting: Monitor podcast metrics to make improvements to how the podcast is structured and produced; provide regular reports and when necessary, present them to clients.
- Audience Growth and Marketing: Collaborate with Quill’s audience growth team to execute on marketing and audience growth strategies for branded podcasts in order to meet growth and analytics goals.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work independently but must also work well with a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Keen eyes and ears for detail
- Ability to think creatively and proactively to generate new ideas/solutions to meet internal and external requirements
- Exceptional content writing and editing skills
- Ability to take ownership of a creative project from inception to completion
- Keen research skills
- A love of podcasts!
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, audio editing, digital marketing, media production or related field
- 1-2 years experience producing for a long form audio medium, professionally or otherwise
- Experience with one or more audio editing platform such as ProTools, Adobe Audition or Audacity (Adobe Audition is preferred)
- Well developed audio editing skills including editing, mixing, mastering, sound design
- Understanding of technical audio production, especially in a remote environment
- Ability to write specifically for audio and an understanding of how this is different from other mediums (print, screenwriting)
- Ability to write for a specific tone/voice
- Strong copywriting capabilities for creating loglines, episode descriptions, social media assets, and marketing materials
- Strong understanding of journalism, news and pop culture
- Skilled in storytelling in order to attract a specific target audience
- General knowledge of music licensing laws and different music licensing platforms
- Knowledge of technical audio best practices and standards including but not limited to recording software, recording hardware such as microphones, headphones and more
Bonus Points if You:
- Have skills in additional Adobe Creative Suite programs such as After Effects, InDesign or Premiere Pro
- Have an understanding of the podcasting landscape and industry
- Have worked in a 100% remote environment before
- Have previous experience working at or with a startup
- Have previous experience in marketing, PR or communications
- Love dogs and all furry creatures
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Salary range: $50,000-$65,000 CAD
- 100% remote work policy (although EST, CST, MST, or PST are preferred)
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning
- Ability to help build a growing startup in the exciting industry of podcasting
Quill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Interested candidates may email firstname.lastname@example.org